If you have children, you have undoubtedly had the experience of listening to your child’s plea for the newest hot toy. Even though there are a lot of great toys out there, wooden toys are often overlooked. Before making your next toy purchase, here are some reasons you should also include wooden toys in your shopping.
- Highly durable. The toys are usually made of high quality materials that helps them to last longer. As a result, your child can pass a beloved wooden rocking horse down to his or her own child.
- Good for the environment. Wooden toys do not contain the same chemicals that toys made of plastic are. It is because of this they degrade in landfills faster than plastics.
- Inspires creativity. Wooden toys require your child to use his or her imagination more. Toys, such as wooden blocks, inspire children to learn more freely.
- Less risk of injury. Wooden toys tend to contain fewer parts that are easy for children to swallow. Plastic toys are more likely to have small pieces that when broken, can be a choking hazard. Your child can also avoid injury through being poked by sharp plastic objects.
- Develops reasoning skills. Plastic toys often have mechanisms that help your child to perform simple play-related tasks. By contrast, a wooden toy forces your child to use his or her reasoning skills to develop ways to use the toy to accomplish a task.
- Wide range of toys available. In addition to classic wooden toys, such as a rocking horse, you can purchase puzzles, instruments, dollhouses, and a host of other wooden toys for your child.
- Saves money. In addition to having a toy that lasts a long time, you also do not have to worry about buying batteries and power cables to power your toys.
- Less noise. Outside of your child’s voice while he or she plays, you do not have to worry about loud noises emitting from plastic toys. This gives you the chance to work around your home in peace.
- Hypoallergenic. If you have a child with allergies, wooden toys are just right for him or her since they are hypoallergenic.
There are many other reasons you should include wooden toys on your next shopping spree for your child. By taking the time now to help your child appreciate the toys, you can help him or her learn an appreciation for simpler pleasures.Read More